Registration for 2021 Candidates
Registration is now closed for eighth-grade girls who will be in the High School Class of 2021 and Medallion Ball Class of 2020.
For 8th Grade Girls: Request an Invitation
For 8th-grade girls who would like to request an invitation to register for the Junior Medallion Program:
Please print, complete and return the “Request for Invitation“Registration is now closed
- Within 6-8 weeks, if accepted, you will receive an invitation in the mail, along with a reply card, inviting you to become a Junior Medallion Candidate.
- You must return the reply card by the date noted on the card, along with a $100 registration fee AND your mother or female guardian MUST be or become a member of St. Lucy’s Auxiliary in order for your registration to be complete and for you to become a Junior Medallion Candidate. (see link for Membership page below)
Downloads & Links
Asked to Serve as a Sponsor
For St. Lucy’s Auxiliary Members who have been asked to serve as a sponsor by an 8th-grade girl interested in the Junior Medallion Program:
- Print and complete the document, “Junior Medallion Sponsor Form 2017” and return to the address noted on the document.
- This form can be returned separately from the “Request for Invitation for Junior Medallion 2017” form. This Sponsor form DOES NOT need to be sent at the time of Request for Invitation, please do not delay the Request for Invitation for this form, it can be sent separately and at a later date!
Volunteer to Serve as a Sponsor
For St. Lucy’s Auxiliary Members who would like to volunteer to serve as a sponsor for an 8th-grade girl interested in the Junior Medallion Program who does not have a sponsor:
- Print and complete the document, “Volunteer to Serve as a Sponsor for girls with no sponsor” form and return to the address noted on the document.
- As girls are invited to become a Junior Medallion Girl, they will be assigned a sponsor if they have not been able to secure one on their own. The sponsor will introduce herself to the candidate and mentor her throughout her Junior Medallion Candidacy.
Registration for the Junior Medallion Program for girls in all other classes is closed. Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com for possible addition to a waitlist.
The Junior Medallion Program
The Junior Medallion Program supports young women in their desire to become useful volunteers while making the experience enjoyable from May of their eighth-grade year through November of their senior year. St. Lucy’s Auxiliary does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color or creed.
The Registration process for the Junior Medallion Program officially begins on May 1st of a potential candidate’s eighth-grade year. The “Request for Invitation” form will be available on this website on the evening of April 30th. This form should be downloaded, printed and this hard copy must be completed and returned to the address of the listed committee member in a very timely fashion as our program fills very quickly. No online submissions will be accepted. This form is only available online during the registration period. If the form is not available, then the class has been filled. Please contact our Junior Medallion Committee for possible addition to the wait list.
When an applicant is accepted, she will receive an invitation with a reply card, approximately 6-8 weeks after we have received the “Request for Invitation”. Please complete and return the reply card along with the registration fee to be fully registered in the Junior Medallion Program. On the card please list the name of the candidate’s sponsor. A sponsor is a member, in good standing, of St. Lucy’s Auxiliary for at least the past five years. We request that a candidate and her mother secure a sponsor on their own, however, if unable to obtain one through personal contact, St. Lucy’s will provide assistance. It is not a requirement to have a sponsor at this point to assure acceptance.
Mothers or female guardians of Junior Medallion Candidates are required to become members of St. Lucy’s Auxiliary at the time of their daughter’s acceptance. They must remain members until presentation at the Ball in November of the Medallion girl’s senior year. To join, please click the Membership Forms page and look for the New Member Application Form on that page. The annual dues are $50 and we are honored to have you as a member!
Your daughter will then be a Junior Medallion Candidate and assuming that all requirements are fulfilled by her senior year, she will be presented at the Medallion Ball. Only 130 young women will be accepted into the Junior Medallion Program for presentation at the Medallion Ball. Each year, with the guidance and encouragement of her sponsor, the Junior Medallion member is required to submit her hours to the Credentials Committee to ensure that she is fulfilling a minimum of 25 hours of volunteer service per year in order to attain the 150 required hours of service. The Credentials Committee will contact her when it is time to submit these hours.
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org